I've created a rubric for syllabus writing. It contains:
- a fill-in table of
- language to be taught
- themes/related situations
- checkboxes for type of syllabus (e.g. grammatical, 4-skill, topic-base)
- 2 checklists, one for tasks, one for activities (to give me ideas)
- Reminders that
- Balance is important
- I need separate activities building up to something bigger
- I want to create a sense of growing achievement
I'm going to use the rubric to create 8-week (once weekly 90 minute lessons) syllabi for one-to-one and group Business English teaching.
The goal is to produce a quality syllabus using the rubric in 60 minutes.
I'm going to try out the rubric for a few weeks and report back.
Flicker: Bok Center week1 syllabus