Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reflecting about this week in teaching


This week I am reflecting about my teaching. Unlike most of my posts, which describe concrete activities, this reflection mirrors ideas.

Idea One: bring the concept of cautious, intelligent Internet usage into my own life and my lesson plans
Idea Two: keep the balance between print reading and reading online/onscreen. And: read, read, and read some more!

I attended the Loras Network 2nd annual workshop last Saturday, September 20, 2014. The topic was technology, and the presenters meandered through it, stopping on the way at
  • the beauties of blogging
  • digital citizenship
  • computer-based examinations
  • blended learning
  • how to read digitally
After absorbing abstract ideas, I carried out approximately 20 hours of teaching, but more thoughtfully than before. No sudden insertion of digital citizenship material into Tuesday afternoon's private lesson (at a shopping center). Instead, a new self-awareness is reflected when I teach my students.   

No comments:

Post a Comment